This item is the -55°C to -80°C version of the Hamilton SAM Sample Access Manager system, configured for 1 mL/1.4 mL tubes. It’s been well maintained by a large pharma company and is in great shape.
The Hamilton SAM is a compact, high-density sample storage and management system. This system provides a managed solution for local sample storage in a range of temperature options, including -80°C to -50°C, or -40°C to +20°C.
The system maintains sample integrity with environmental control, and controlled access. This eliminates temperature swings and moisture introduction, which can degrade samples if uncontrolled. The Hamilton SAM can hold up to 800 microplates, up to 28,800 1.0 mL/1.4 mL tubes, or up to 60,000 0.2 mL vials. Samples retrieval takes less than 70 seconds and can be cherry-picked. Integrated sample tracking with Standard 1D barcodes or 2D barcodes provides positive identification. An integrated UPS and LN2 or CO2 backup system keeps samples safe in case of power failure.
The Hamilton SAM Sample Access Manager is perfect for biobanking, drug discovery, pharmacogenomics, genotyping, and life science research applications.
- Dimensions: 1.27 m (w) x 2.21 m (h) x 1.35 m (d) / 50 in (w) x 87 in (h) x 53 in (d)
- Weight (empty): 704 kg / 1,550 lbs
- Max. Labware Weight: 0.64 kg / 1.4 lbs
- Voltage: 208-240 VAC ± 10%, 15 A service, 50 Hz/60 Hz
- Operating Environment: 10-30°C, relative humidity 0-80% with no condensation, (Altitude < 2,000 m)
- Sample Temperature: +20°C to -40°C / -55°C to -80°C
- Sample Atmosphere: Nitrogen or dry air (-40°C dew point or lower)
- Control PC: Windows 7 operating system
- Barcode Reader: Integrated 1-D and 2-D barcode reader
- Tube Type: 1.0 mL/1.4 mL screw cap
- Tube Count: up to 28,800
System includes the following:
- -80°C platform
- Fully serviced & tested
- Guaranteed ready for Hamilton service contract