Precise Automation PF400 Series Sample Handler
Purchasing Information PDF
If you need product and price information to create a purchase order or to obtain other approvals, please:
- Add the product to your cart.
- Click “View Cart”
- In the cart, click “Download Cart as PDF” (the green box) and a PDF will automatically download.
Every product in your cart will be listed by price and quantity on an ALE logoed document.
Four-axis collaborative robot arm
Available in several sizes:
- 400mm Z, 550mm reach
- 750mm Z, 550mm reach
- 1160mm Z, 550mm reach
- 400mm Z, 730mm reach
- 750mm Z, 730mm reach
- 1160mm Z, 730mm reach
The PF400 Sample Handler Robot Arms are well known to be the industry standard in life science lab automation. Perfect where space is an issue, and simplicity is desired.4-axis SCARA sample handler.
- Ideal for benchtop applications where a small footprint is desired.
- Integrated software for ease of visual feedback.
- Powerful embedded vision-guided motion controller.
- Standard servo gripper can grip Life Science plates in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- Auto centering.
- Generates programmable smooth and elegant motion sequences by moving the sample handler by hand to start and end positions.
- Simple programming language.
- Graphical user interface makes camera calibration and programming easy and intuitive.
- Web based operator interface supports local or remote control via browser connected to the embedded web server.
- Quiet and high-performance servo motors.
- Safety features that disable motor when a minimal unexpected force is encountered allowing the device to operate without safety shields.
Range of Motion & Resolution
- J1 (Z) Axis: 400 mm standard, 750 mm, 1160 mm option available
- J2 Axis: +/- 90 degrees
- J3 Axis: +/- 167 degrees
- J4/Theta Axis: +/- 970 degrees
- Standard Reach Version: 576 mm
- Extended Reach Version: 731 mm
- Repeatability +/- 90 μm overall in x, y & z directions at 18-22 degrees C
Performance and Payload
- Maximum Acceleration: 0.2G with 500 gm payload (standard reach, extended reach slightly slower)
- Maximum Speed: 500 mm/sec with 500 gm payload (standard reach, extended reach slightly slower)
- Maximum Payload: 1kg including gripper, 0.5kg with typical 0.5kg gripper
- Motors: Brushless DC servo motors with absolute encoders on axes J1-J4, no motion during homing.
- General Communications RS-232 channel,
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port,
- E-stop input,
- all available on J1-Axis housing Facilities Panel at the robot base
Digital I/O Channels
- One optically isolated input available on J1-Axis housing Facilities Panel.
- Option available for an additional 12 optically isolated digital inputs and 8 optically isolated digital outputs on J1-Axis housing Facilities Panel.
- Two digital inputs can be optionally converted to analog inputs.
- Additional remote I/O available via Precise RIO modules or 3rd party MODBUS/TCP devices
- Web-based operator interface supports local or remote control via browser connected to embedded web server
- Programming Interface - Three methods available:
- DIO MotionBlocks (PLC)
- embedded Guidance Programming Language (standalone, modeled after Visual Basic.Net),
- PC control using open source TCP/IP Command Server operated via Ethernet connection (TCP).
- Input range: 90 to 264 VAC, single phase, 50-60 Hz, 365 watts maximum
Weight 20 kg for 400 mm travel version
We offer the following Service and Support Options:
- Onsite or Remote Training
- Service and Preventative Maintenance contracts
- Application development
- Redeployment (relocate, sell, swap, dispose).
You can request information and a quote on the checkout screen or contact us here.